Sunday, October 28, 2012

First Slog


Maybe you guys will find lots of grammar mistakes in my blogs,but hope you don't mind. My mother language is not English, but I'm trying my best to get it improved. :)




Euclid, fl. 300 BC, also known as Euclid of Alexandria, was a Greek mathematician, often referred to as the "Father of Geometry". 



The first blog is based on the algorithms which we are all quite familiar with. Speaking of algorithms, I come up many ways to find the GCD (greatest common divisor ). However,  I found out that the method Euclid used was little bit different and complicated.  Firstly, If I have two non-negative integers. with first number is zero, then second number is the GCD; If the first number is not zero, the first number should be replaced by the remainder after dividing the second number by the first number, switch the first and the second number(before it was replaced), then the new numbers is the GCD.

What's more, I also had much fun folding the paper. My partner and I folded paper several times during the tutorial. We were trying to figure out the pattens about folding the paper and predict the sequence of ups and downs for any number of times when we fold the paper. However, it did not work so well. In the quiz, then I was asked about the folding paper question, I still folded my quiz paper to make sure that how many creases I will have. ;-P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment